Date:      Sun, 09 Apr 2000 17:51:02 +0000
From:      "W.H.Scholten" <whs@xs4all.nl>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   dutch keyboard map (+sort note)

L.S.

As there isn´t a dutch keymap for syscons, I made one (iso8859-1) but
I´m having some problems. First, how do I enable/use dead keys? (which
look like they´re being defined in the standard map, a dump of the
defaults gives e.g. this line
   dced  184  ( 'c' 231 ) ( 'C' 199 )
)

Secondly, the console screenmapping (iso88559-1-> ibm) doesn´t seem to
work properly (I´ve set it with /stand/sysinstall)

E.g. if I enter the code 171 (« (guillemotleft)) then I actually see ½
(one half) which has code 189. What´s going on?

On a unrelated note, for those interested in my separate alpha/numeric
sort function, there was an obvious error in the version I sent to the
list a while back. A new (better) version which is much closer to
lexicographical sorting is available from my www page below (the patch
also uses option N to enable it now).

Regards,

Wouter

PS. All this is on fbsd 3.3-RELEASE.