Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:48:21 +0200
From:      Lars Thegler <lars@thegler.dk>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
Cc:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Reduce dependency for p5-WWW-Mechanize*

Jun Kuriyama wrote:
> Hi again, :-)
>
> More dependency reducing here:

While I understand the motivation for dependency reduction, I have a
feeling that, in the case of Perl modules, this is the wrong direction
to go. I agree, that for instance, Pod::Parser v1.14 is currently
included in lang/perl5.8. But what should happen, when this module is
updated on CPAN, and textproc/p5-PodParser is updated? IMHO, the user
would want the module to be updated. But if there is no dependency, the
port is not installed, and the module is not updated. I agree, that we
can remove the dependency now, but then we should reinsert it when
textproc/p5-PodParser is updated, and I do not see that happening ;)

/Lars