Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 1995 15:03:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Don Yuniskis <dgy@seagull.rtd.com>
To:        hasty@netcom.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Lites and Doom

> I have a simple question: how do you build Lites with FreeBSD?

Sorry, I haven't taken a serious look into the LITES server, yet
(I'm waiting for all the dust to settle)

> Do I need to get a mach kernel source tree and if so where
> is the best place to get one ?

I don't know if the LITES distribution includes the (micro)kernel
sources; I suspect it doesn't but, rather, includes any applicable
patches to the mk sources.  I believe LITES will run on the
RT-Mach (mk83i), CMU Mach (MK83A) and Utah Flexmach (Mach4?)
microkernels.  I'd avoid the RT-Mach microkernel as it's doubtful
you'd need the rt enhancements/complications.  MK83A can be
anon ftp from mach.cs.cmu.edu.  Don't know the status/stability
of the Mach4 stuff, sorry.