Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:52:58 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP - master/slave ports

On 18 Jun 2004 at 16:41, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
> > I suspect you are looking at http://www.FreshPorts.org/ (production).
> > The work described above is at http://beta.FreshPorts.org/.  I just
>
> No. I've looked at http://beta.FreshPorts.org/.
>
> > look there, searched for ports maintained by you, found 21 such
> > ports, checked http://beta.freshports.org/devel/ace+tao/ and found it
> > to be a master port for http://beta.freshports.org/devel/ace/
>
> Yes, master/slave state is right as I wrote.

I apologise for not reading your original message correctly.

> But look at port versions:
> Master: ace+tao 5.4.1+1.4.1
> Slave: ace 5.4.0-1
>
> Port versions are not updated. This is my question was: is it not done yet?

Correct.  I could manually refresh the slave ports now, but they
would fall out of sync the next time the master port information was
updated.  The next step will be automatically updating the slave
ports based upon the master ports.  Hopefully I can do that sometime
in the next week or so.

> > The master/slave work is just in BETA.  It will move to production at
> > a later date.
>
> I see. It's just a report.

Yes.  A work in progress  It also gives me a chance to get the ports
maintainers involved in checking the results.  Peer review is always
useful.

Thank you
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/