Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:42:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>, Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, ports-announce@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] current switched by default to pkgng

--- On Wed, 10/10/12, Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> From: Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
> Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] current switched by default to pkgng
> To: "Baptiste Daroussin" <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
> Cc: ports@FreeBSD.org, ports-announce@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
> Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 6:51 AM
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 03:44:21PM
> +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If you are using the ports tree on a FreeBSD current
> setup, then you are
> > concerned by the announce.
> >
> > As nvidia-drivers has been fixed and is now properly
> working with pkgng, the
> > ports tree as been switch by default to use pkgng on
> FreeBSD Current based on
> > version >= 1000017 which was the version when we
> tested the switch code.
> >
> > Make sure to read UPDATING (from ports) to correctly
> migrate your system or find
> > instruction to make your system still running with
> legacy pkg_install tools.
> >

> Congratulations, and thank you for all of your hard work on
> this!
>
> Glen

I was/am confused by the UPDATING instructions.
To make the switch:  (which switch, and only for V10, from which
to which?)
Before and after step 3, how specifically is the system set up?
Should any of this be done by persons using V9 immediately before
a v9 v10 upgrade?  And can another synopsis be written for those
before the upgrade, specifically to prepare for either case
after the upgrade?
IOW more subsections and a longer explanation.  (I think maybe more
context before/after some of the steps in the procedure...)

Just a  suggestion.  I could probably figure it all out later...

J. Bouquet