Date:      Sat, 05 Dec 1998 18:57:31 -0500
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help With ThinkPad 600E

Argh!  I have never had as much trouble with *any* machine as I hve had
with the StinkPad 600E.

Right now, I'm trying to make it work with 3.0-RELEASE and the GENERIC
kernel.  I've stripped out all the devices not being used by the system.

When I initially tried to install onto it, it would hang at random
points.  Okay, I remember reading somewhere that it's APM was buggy, so
I got out bootable DOS floppy, issued a few "ps2 power 00 xx" and "ps2
ap custom xx" (xx meaning ac and then dc) commands, but it still seems
flakey.

If I "halt" the system locks up and nothing except jamming my mechanical
pencil into the reset button will bring the system back.  8(

Can any of the other 600/600E users out there please throw some tips my
way?  Thanks in advance.

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8