Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:13:08 -0400
From:      Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org>
To:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD-3.4, full bgp routing, maxusers, NMBCLUSTERS

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 03:06:27PM +0100, Tony Finch wrote:
> Jim Mercer <jim@reptiles.org> wrote:
> >
> >how do i increase the amount of RAM for the kernel?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/hackers.html#AEN4204

geez, that one looks a bit scary.

since 4.x has 1GB of address space, would moving from 3.4 to 4.0 resolve
some of my problems?

since i only have 128M in the machine, i guess i'll need to increase the
amount of physical RAM as well?

> >i thought NMBCLUSTERS was the one, but i guess not.
>
> That's just for network buffers.

ah.

so, short of updating my system to allow for more than 256M kernel space,
there is no way to allocate more buffers for the routing table?

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]