Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 11:44:37 -0500
From:      snorthcutt@1stresource.com (Scott Northcutt)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ignorant newbie questions

Greets all,
        After much poring over of the FAQ file and the Handbook on the web
site, I find that I still have the following questions.  Please pardon their
ignorance as I am new to this ballgame.

1) Silly me, I did not install the kernel sources (I guess most of the
/usr/src/sys area) and now I gotta recompile the kernel.  I couldn't find
concise info on installing packages and I couldn't figure out what exactly I
needed to swipe from the FTP site.  How do I get these quite necessary parts
of the directory tree onto my machine so that I can recompile?

2) Wanting to work at home and telnet to my FreeBSD box at the office thru
my ISP dialup, I've dicovered that I "cannot login on terminal ttyp0".  What
do I need to reconfigure so that pseudo terminals can login as easily as
physically connected terminals?

Hopefully that is all for the moment.  I appreciate your stooping to such a
simple level to help a New Guy.

advTHANKSance,

J. Scott Northcutt -- AD4JR
snorthcutt@1stresource.com