Date:      Sat, 06 Oct 2012 05:26:47 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: flashplugin 11.2r202.238

from Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>:

> I am still curious how one rebuilds and reinstalls a corrupted port
> installation when backing up would not be desired.  Maybe
> t works" is not about flash plugin and never was.

> 1. Each update fixes another exploit. What about code quality? Would
> there be any progress in it?
> 2. https://github.com/kripken/BananaBread/ works on my computer. Yet my
> computer is too slow to run flash scrollers. Flash is ancient, slow and
> ugly.
> 3. I can run current flash on my computer under windows, but linux
> version has already dumped my hardware. I ought to stick to older one
> for flash support.
> 4. Have you ever tried hitting adobe support forums? Your yell would be
> forgotten quickly. And FreeBSD never was supported by flash.
> 5. Adobe sees no future in flash. End of support of npapi for Linux
> version was already announced.

> There are a number of projects that try to deal with flash like swfdec,
> gnash or lightscribe. I still think emscripten is a right way to go.

You say Adobe sees no future in Flash?

Do you mean for Linux or for MS-Windows and Mac OS too?

There is an overabundance of web sites that overuse Flash, and in cases where
there is a Flash version and non-Flash version, the non-Flash version always
works better.  I have never seen a case where a Flash version worked better
that a non-Flash version.

What would replace Flash?  WOuld it be HTML 5?

Gnash worked well for me on YouTube but almost nowhere else.

I looked for emscripten in FreeBSD ports, didn't find, but found something
via Google.

Tom