Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:10:49 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad not going off while suspend

> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:02:56 +0200
> From: Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> Kevin Oberman wrote:
>
> > Try adding:
> > hw.acpi.reset_video=0
> > hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1
> > to /etc/sysctl.conf. I think the latter will do the trick, but the
> > former was needed on my T30 to resume the display correctly.
>
> All this doesn't help yet. My Display on a Thinkpad A30p is switching
> off, too. It even stays activated, when the display is closed.

Exactly what do you get when these sysctls are set?

1. Does the display switch to a syscons vty display? (You should not.)

2. Is the display blank, but the backlight on? (You may be lacking DMPS.)

3. Do you load acpi_video?

3a. Have you tried jhb's acpi_video_dpms patch?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)