Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:43:59 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dumb diff question

Maybe it's years of contamination by GNU diff/patch, but I'm stumped.

The files I need to patch are in WRKDIR, not WRKSRC.  Installation is
really a matter of patching the two linux install scripts and getting
things untarred in the right places.

I've already changed $WRKSRC to be WRKDIR rather than WRKDIR/lf95, as
WRKDIR never gets created.  I now just need to create the correct diffs
for those two files.

I've tried just applying diff to the original and modified versions--
this gives me patches that work, but that ask for the name of the file
to be patched.

I've tried duplicating work and using diff -r, but that gives me a file
beginning with

diff -r work.old/install work/install
1c1

that still asks for a file to be patched.

I'm sure there's a "correct" way to do this that's straightforward, but
I'm baffled.

Once I have this done, I think it's only mild cosmetic/compliance
issues, and figuring out whether to follow normal bsd practice for
manpages, or to leave the program functioning the way people expect
linux fortran compilers to function . . .

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail