Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:36:46 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        bp@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple kernels selector...

[[ Please excuse me for replying to a one year old message, but I have
   a question or two ]]

In message <39B51E16.E8AD4BC8@newsguy.com> "Daniel C. Sobral" writes:
:                         s" /boot/current.conf" read-conf

What's the difference beteen ." and s"?

:                         s" /boot/stable.conf" read-conf

What should go in /boot/stable.conf vs /boot/current.conf?

also, is there a good way of clearing out the environment and starting
over?  If I'd like to load /boot/loader.conf from inside of
stable.conf or current.conf after setting currdev?

What I'm trying to do:

I have a disk (ad0) in my laptop.  It has two slices (one BSD one
DOS).  The BSD slice has partitions a, b, e, f, and g.  I'd like to
put current on partition g and stable on a.  I'd like a "stable"
command that sets up the environment to boot stable and a "current"
command that sets it up to do current.  Can I do that or am I SOL?

Warner