Date:      Fri, 04 May 2007 01:50:48 +0200
From:      Fluffles <etc@fluffles.net>
To:        deniswork <deniswork@uzvik.kiev.ua>
Cc:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_W=F6rner?= <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: graid5 compilation problem

deniswork@uzvik.kiev.ua wrote:
> Thanks, this help!
> Another question: where graid5 store it settings?

Like other geom classes, geom_raid5 uses on-disk metadata to store all
settings (stripesize, disk number, array size, array state, etc). You
can view the stored metadata with command:
graid5 dump ad4
(assuming ad4 is a graid5-disk)

> I just wonder, can I remove some file, to clear up graid5 settings,
> and create my raid in proper way.

To 'erase' these settings use "graid5 clear ad4". But remember that you
cannot do this if the array is online; perhaps the easiest is making
sure graid5 is not loaded automatically in /boot/loader.conf and then
issuing a reboot. You can then clear all the disks which used to store
metadata, and try again. Remember: you can still use the userland
"graid5" binary utility even though the graid5 KLD-module is not loaded.
This allows usage of the 'clear' command to achieve your goal. Good luck!

- Veronica