Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 2006 03:55:56 -0600
From:      "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?q?Re=3A_S=F8ren!!!=2C_Promise_FastTrak_TX2300_semph?= =?iso-8859-1?q?ore_timeouts=2C_6=2E1-BETA2?=

Nevermind, I followed my own advice, everything's working perfect now.

1. Removed promise and highpoint cards.
2. Connected the primary drive to the onboard SATA controllor.
3. Installed BETA2.
4. cvsup'd new src, checked if sos's patches were in there, it was. so
he missed BETA2.
5. rebuilt kernel.
6. reinstalled highpoint card to check if highpoint's drivers where
compatable with 6.1, yes.
7. Removed the highpoint card.
8. edited /etc/fstab to change ad4 to ar0
9. disabled onboard SATA.
10. Installed promise card and reconnected drives, setup RAID1 from BIOS.
11. highpoint drivers: echo 'hptmv6_load=3D"YES"' >> /boot/loader.conf
12. reinstalled highpoint card.
13. installed highpoint raid managment software.
14. ran build/install world/kern.

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/