Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:47:51 -0800
From:      William Carrel <william.a@carrel.org>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PR: kern/16318

I screwed up when I filed this so it wound up under pending, but it is a
kernel patch that corrects some misbehavior by the ifa_ifwithroute().  It is
quite possible that the routing table has a better idea where packets should
be going than the interfaces do, so it makes sense to ask.

This corrects a problem I have on my setup where there is a point-to-point
connection on one interface with an address that happens to be on another.

xx1: 10.0.0.2/32
xx0: 10.0.0.2/24
route add 10.0.0.1/32 -interface xx1 -cloning
route add default 10.0.0.1

Under the old code, the default route would go to xx0, under the new code it
goes to xx1 like it should according to the static routes that have been
added.  I've done testing and come up clean on this.  If anyone else wants
to double check this they are more than welcome.

The unified diff is in the PR.

It is worth noting that, at least from looking at the code, NetBSD and
OpenBSD also suffer this same bug and could probably benefit from the exact
same patch.

-- William Carrel