Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 2015 05:58:18 -0700
From:      Kevin Bowling <kevin.bowling@kev009.com>
To:        Ravi Pokala <rpokala@mac.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>, Sean Bruno <sbruno@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Accessing static drive info w/o ATA identify and lockup with camcontrol identify

Thanks Ravi!

Rotation rate is probably the most important thing and thankfully easy as
you suggested:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4483.  Would be nice to land that in 10.3 so I
can swap the SaltStack module over to it.

In 'camcontrol identify' it looks like:  'firmware revision     DXM9203Q'
In 'camcontrol inquiry' it's part of the device string like: 'pass0:
<SAMSUNG MZ7WD480HCGM-00003 DXM9203Q> ACS-2 ATA SATA 3.x device'
Do you have any suggestions for wiring that into geom disk?

And lastly, yes bus speeds would be nice (especially to spot hard/soft
misconfiguration).  It shows up like 'protocol              ATA/ATAPI-9
SATA 3.x' in camcontrol identify and can be seen in the inquiry string
above too.  Do you have design suggestions on that?

Regards,