Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 21:13:13 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, gpalmer@FreeBSD.org (Gary Palmer)
Subject:   Re: root only: (was Re: comments on this change please.)

>To put it another way: to get ahead, I eventually have to leave the
>chair in which I am sitting.  Progress implies change.

Not only that, but you might find that you have to stand for a time while
the movers take away the old furniture in order to have room for the new.

IOW, sometimes you have to take what may appear to be a backward step in
order to get around an obstacle.

In this instance, we are "lucky" that we can hide much of the change by
placing symbolic links in the legacy location.