Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2004 06:14:00 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@scoop.co.nz>
To:        Simon <simon@optinet.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISP List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: reboot without forking

I'm currently not sure why I'm running into problems.  I've been playing
with resource limits, and may have solved the problem already - it only
turns up every other month or so.  Meanwhile I may be constraining the
system more than it needs to be constrained.  Being able to recover from a
mistake seems like an important pre-requisite to loosening up constraints
a bit.

If there's any good documents out there on strategies for determining good
resource limits, that would be helpful.

Andrew McNaughton

--

No added Sugar.  Not tested on animals.  May contain traces of Nuts.  If
irritation occurs, discontinue use.

Andrew McNaughton           Living in a shack in Tasmania
andrew@scoop.co.nz          Between the bush and the sea

Mobile: +61 422 753 792     http://staff.scoop.co.nz/andrew/cv.doc
                             http://www.scoop.co.nz/