Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:55:34 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Dave Preece (KB Group)" <dave.preece@kbgroup.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc 2.95.2, placement new hassles.

In message <67B808B0DD93D211ABEE0000B498356B36173D@internet.kbgroup.co.nz> "Dave Preece (KB Group)" writes:
: Possibly off topic, but here goes.
:
: I'm trying to use placement new with gcc 2.95.2 on FBSD4.0-Release and can't
: get it to go with an error:
:
: <internal>:11: too many arguments to function `void * operator new(unsigned
: int)'
:
: Disclaimer: I've never tried to use placement new before, but I've RTFM'd
: fairly heavily around this one and I'm sure both the source and version of
: gcc are OK. Said offending lines of source are below:
:
:         void* pShared=shm::GetSharedMemoryPtr(); //FYI a static member
: function
:         shm* pObject=new(pShared) shm();
:
: Any ideas?

You are using boehem gcc or some other thing that #defines new in evil
and unnatural ways?

Warner