Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:56:43 +0000
From:      Joe Holden <lists@rewt.org.uk>
Subject:   New BSD Installer

Guys,

This should really be reverted to sysinstall until the new installer is
at least in a state where it consistently works... the most important
part of a new users experience is the installer and the few new installs
I have done lately I've just installed 8.2 and upgraded from there as
the new installer is terribly buggy.

Few things:

- On my installs at least, if there is an unknown ftp connection problem
the installer will just bail and say it has been aborted - this
consistently happens when ftp.de is selected

- there is no method of stepping back through the install

- If a dhcp lease request times out manual configuration isn't offered

I realise that a lot of work has gone into it and it's nice and new, but
really unless it's finished it shouldn't be the default.

Thanks,