Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 19:56:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Jean-Francois Dockes <jean-francois.dockes@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.on.ca>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BurnCD

Same problem for me, but my CD's are still burned perfectly with no
problem, heck, I even burned a RedHat ISO and booted up from the CD-ROM
fine.

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Jean-Francois Dockes wrote:

> Jens Fallesen writes:
>  > Rod Taylor wrote:
>  >
>  > > However, I did the upgrade to v4 shortly after moving, so perhaps the
>  > > drive got knocked around during that time.
>  >
>  > I wouldn't go for that explanation--the exact same thing happened on
>  > my machine after going to 4.x and I haven't moved my computer an inch.
>  > Besides, other people have reported the same problem.
>  >
>  > If I boot my computer into Windows I have no problem burning CDs
>  > either...
>
> Well, if several persons see this happening after an upgrade, it
> obviously becomes a software problem and I made a fool of myself.
>
> To save the face, I'll just mention again that some drives do
> 'creative' error reporting and will report MEDIUM ERROR for what is
> really a loss of streaming, or another nondescript error, which could
> be caused by a driver problem.
>
> Obviously, I we follow my proposed cure (replace the drive) in such a
> situation, my company is going to become a great customer for our cdr
> drive vendor :-)
>

> J.F. Dockes.

| Omachonu Ogali                                     oogali@intranova.net |
| Intranova Networking Group                 http://tribune.intranova.net |
| PGP Key ID:                                                  0xBFE60839 |
| PGP Fingerprint:       C8 51 14 FD 2A 87 53 D1  E3 AA 12 12 01 93 BD 34 |