Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:13:58 -0700
From:      "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Reveiver stops with MX98713-based 100Mbps Ethernet card

	I'm running 3.1-STABLE, current as of last night. What happens is that
anytime the Ethernet card gets really flooded with incoming packets (for
example, if you FTP a 4Mb file from another machine on a local fast
ethernet), the receiver simply stops receiving.

`	Outbound packets are still sent, but no incoming traffic is seen.	A quick
'ifconfig down' followed by 'ifconfig up' returns things to normal. I used
to have this exact same problem in Linux, with the first Ethernet drivers to
support this chip.

	If it helps, the card is an SVEC PN102TX (early version). The later
versions of this same card used the MX98715, I think. Mine's a 98713.

	Any clues?

	DS