Date:      Sat, 26 Sep 1998 02:07:58 -0400
From:      "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>
To:        ark@eltex.ru
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, kev@lab321.ru, mike@smith.net.au, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packet/traffic shapper ?

On Sep 21,  5:52am, ark@eltex.ru (possibly) wrote:

> ALTQ is damn ugly. I'd prefer to see something like dummynet interacting
> with IPFilter instead of ipfw.

Not to get back into the debate regarding ALTQ's "ugliness", the
primary thing I was looking at ALTQ for was the RED (Random Early
Detection) capability of ALTQ, so that I can get the lower-priority
TCP streams to drop back their bandwidth when they're getting too
much.

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith				easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu