Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:08:22 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Alexander I. Mogilny" <amogilny@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with kmail (moved from ports)

Quoting "Alexander I. Mogilny" <amogilny@gmail.com> (Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:18:09 +0300):

> Christian Gusenbauer wrote me on Sat, Aug 12, 2006 at 02:07:20PM +0200
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > This is a "me too"! I upgraded current yesterday (my last working build was
> > from July 21st) and now konqueror stopped working with https connections. I
> > found out that when I use the old libcrypto.so.4 and the old libssl.so.4
> > instead of the current *.5 versions, then everything is working correctly.
> >
> > Maybe a complete KDE rebuild will do the trick?
> >

> I guess the most correctly way to fix this would be adding following
> lines to /etc/libmap.conf file. I did this yesterday after upgrade too.
> I also can say that this would only affect you if you ran
> make delete-old-libs.
>
> Here is the line:
>
> libssl.so.4                     libssl.so.5
> libcrypto.so.4                  libcrypto.so.5

Which may or may not lead to undesired behavior... (I used this too
until the ports in questions where rebuild, I didn't wanted to wait
until everything was rebuild before using anything). So be careful.

To rebuild I suggest to remove the libs, install "libchk" and then:
 - libchk > libchk.txt
 - portupgrade -f $(grep Unresolved libchk.txt | sed -e 's/Unresolved.*: //' | xargs pkg_which | sort -u)
Or something like this (I didn't tested it, but this is more or less
how I did it).

Bye,
Alexander.

--