Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:23:19 -0500
From:      "Brent" <brentb@loa.com>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   strange port activity

i just cvsup my  and did make world & kernel...--mergemaster...all is
good....so just to tighten things up a bit ..i installed portsentry from the
ports collection...installed without a prob...the  FreeBSD box is on a very
large internel network ( its our LAN resourse machine) it runs a bunch of
company mailing lists ..as well as a web server among other things BUT I
DONT HAVE SAMBA installed....my question is this....i port scanned the
machine from another machine on the network...just to see what would
happen...and sure enough it mailed me...letting me know whats up.....THE
THING IS..it say its being scanned by 12 other machines on the network (i
know for fact it really isnt) ..ALL on port 161    what the heck runs on
port 161 ????