Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 13:57:55 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        gwk@cray.com
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, shyone@constantchange.on.ca, jmb@freefall.freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tape drive FAQ

As Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:

> I got a Wangtek 5150 (with separate interface card) about two weeks
> ago.  It works with the wt driver, I believe--I had only little time
> to dump a filesystem and check that I can read stuff back.

As you can read in the handbook:

  Thanks to Larry Altneu <larry@ALR.COM>, and to Wilko Bulte
  <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, for providing us with a Wangtek and an Archive
  QIC-02 tape drive, in order to give us the hardware to improve the wt
  driver.

...i've also got a couple of these drives.  They basically work, and
i'd contribute that part of the tape FAQ.

--
cheers, J"org