Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:47:10 +0100
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth on IBM T30 (serial device?)

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 10:35:17AM -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> bottom line: if your T30 has the same device and TDK used CSR chip
> in it then you will make it work.

looks good. I played some more with windows, and then I got it to
display some hardware specs:

Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (that means CSR chip, right?)
Firmware Version 115
HCI Version 1.1  Revision 0073
LMP Version 1.1  Minor version 0073

However, I did not yet get FreeBSD to recognize it.
Can you guide me on the following things?

Kernel config, as related to usb/bluetooth
Modifications to a base 5.0 Release install, if needed
Which modules to load at what point (loader.conf, after boot)

My thinkpad has a little button that has to be pressed to activate
bluetooth, and a led that indicates bluetooth status (on/off). I
do not know if it will work when I try to activate bluetooth during
boot, I tried with no success, but that might be another problem
(see my questions above).

Thanks for any help, t.