Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:19:26 +0200
From:      Angelo Fucci <fucci@datamat.it>
To:        andyo@prime.net.ua
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installation

At 20.23 15/04/99 +0300, you wrote:
>Angelo,
>what is ur dmesg?

=3D=3D> What does it mean "dmesg"? Where can I read it?

>At least can U do userconfig at boot time
>and to figure out have U enabled wcd0c?

=3D=3D> During the boot we have wdc0 (not wcd0c as you wrote) that identifie=
Fujitsu hard disk not CDROM. I think CDROM is identified by wdc1.

=3D=3D> I can reach userconfig at boot time, run CLI or visual menu. We have
wdc0 and wdc1 enabled.

I want underline that FreeBSD performs the CDROM boot from fd0, the logical
unit corresponding to Floppy Disk. The further steps of the installation
require the logical unit containing the installation kit but, at this
point, it does not find CDROM device and the installation can't continue.

Angelo

>Angelo Fucci wrote:
>
>> We are installing FreeBSD OS v. 2.2.7 on a Compaq EP II (Pentium II 350
>> MHz) from CDROM (ATAPI compatible IDE CD-ROM COMPAQ). He starts
>> automatically the installation writing "boot: 0:fd(0,a)kernel" but,=
 during
>> the installation, when we have to choose the installation media (CDROM),=
 it
>> shows the message "No CDROM devices found ...". Please, could someone=
 help
>> us to solve the problem (if it is solvable)?.
>>
>> Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Angelo Fucci
>> --
>> Angelo FUCCI
>
>--
>Andy V. Oleynik
>(When U aim for perfection,
> U discover it's a moving target =C380)

--=20
Angelo FUCCI
DATAMAT Ingegneria dei Sistemi S.p.A.          Tel :  +39 6 5027 4611
Naval Command & Control                        Fax :  +39 6 5051 1381
00143 ROMA (Italy)                            e-mail:fucci@datamat.it
Via Laurentina, 760                             http://www.datamat.it