Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:14:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        julian@elischer.org
Subject:   Netgraph performance

In article <Pine.BSF.4.21.0111291012500.5212-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>,
Julian Elischer  <julian@elischer.org> wrote:
> Netgraph is a prototyping tool, which has enough performance to be
> useful in non-performance-critical applications. (such as all sync
> interfaces).  It is not designed for gigabit interfaces etc.

You are selling Netgraph way too short.  I've been using it
intensively with gigabit interfaces, and it performs very, very well.
For my application (which involves generating and responding to a
whole bunch of network traffic) it has yielded a good 4-5 times better
performance than any other alternative I've found.

John
--
  John Polstra