Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:49:51 -0500
From:      "David S. Jackson" <deepbsd@earthlink.net>
To:        Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        ryans@gamersimpact.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Window/File Manager

Fluxbox seems to run fine on every old piece of junk machine I
have around here, but there are lighter ones.  Still, FB meets my
needs on old 486's with 16-24mb RAM.

If you need faster than that, I suggest you look at simply using
a TTY and a terminal multiplexer like screen.

As for a file manager, I haven't used one in almost ten years.
The bash command line does everything better than any file
manager I've ever seen.  If you're looking for a fast and
lightweight way to manipulate files, with more power than you
will ever use, pick up a book on your favorite shell, such as
bash or pdksh or whatever (I'm sure lots of folks here like
csh-like shells too!).

--
David S. Jackson                        dsj@dsj.net