Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2012 07:50:32 +0100
From:      Matt Burke <mattblists@icritical.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Userland dtrace broken?

On 09/13/12 18:04, Chris Nehren wrote:
> Relevant to my interests, too. I've followed the instructions on the
> wiki / in the handbook (on 9.0/9.1-PRE) and only receive error messages.
> Is DTrace supposed to be working properly on 9.x, or is it still
> experimental?

>From my experience, as long as you avoid using the pid provider, and don't
bother trying to get fbt:::return arguments, then it works reliably. I
haven't tried userland static probes though.

Tracing userland works *occasionally* (I find maybe ~20% of the time when
it's the first command run on a machine with <1m uptime), but you're more
likely to get strange results, or just a panic.

--

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, or there are any problems with its content, please contact the sender.

iCritical is a trading name of Critical Software Ltd. Registered in England: 04909220.
Registered Office: IC2, Keele Science Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NH.

This message has been scanned for security threats by iCritical. www.icritical.com