Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 00:30:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Filo <filo@yahoo.com>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: parity errors

> However, I brought the memory home and stuck it in my computer, and
> make world's almost done.  Maybe it's the mothearboard that can't
> handle the big modules, I have an Intel Venus at work and Asus P6NP5
> at home.
>
> Which brings up another question: does anyone have the Venus working
> with 64MB memory modules?  Is the Venus one of those that can't work
> with 24-chip or higher modules?

Yep, the Venus does not work very well with such SIMMs.  You really
should use SIMMs based on 64Mb chips.  I've seen this stated in the
Venus manual, although it looks like they've recently certified some
of the 16Mb based ones.

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/vs/vs_mem.htm

We saw quite a few "RAM parity error" panics before switching to 64Mb
SIMMs.

David