Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:04:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.2 crash with AHA-2940

This crash doesn't look like it has anything to do with SCSI at all, but
here it is:

GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd".
(kgdb) symbol-file kernel.debug
Reading symbols from kernel.debug...done.
(kgdb) exec-file /usr/tmp/kernel.0
(kgdb) core-file /usr/tmp/vmcore.0
IdlePTD 3563520
initial pcb at 28e760
panicstr: from debugger
panic messages:
---
fault virtual address   = 0x98
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc0172778
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xcd46bdbc
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xcd46bdc8
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 2249 (imake)
interrupt mask          = none
panic: from debugger
panic: from debugger
Uptime: 5h55m42s

dumping to dev #ad/0x20009, offset 10368
dump ata1: resetting devices .. done

#0  0xc014c40a in dumpsys ()
#1  0xc014c22b in boot ()
#2  0xc014c5c1 in panic ()
#3  0xc012a051 in db_panic ()
#4  0xc0129ff1 in db_command ()
#5  0xc012a0b6 in db_command_loop ()
#6  0xc012c1c3 in db_trap ()
#7  0xc020384e in kdb_trap ()
#8  0xc020fa40 in trap_fatal ()
#9  0xc020f719 in trap_pfault ()
#10 0xc020f2bb in trap ()
#11 0xc0172778 in cache_lookup ()
#12 0xc0172c14 in vfs_cache_lookup ()
#13 0xc01b8e79 in ufs_vnoperate ()
#14 0xc0175b5c in lookup ()
#15 0xc017564c in namei ()
#16 0xc017ae31 in access ()
#17 0xc020fc8e in syscall2 ()
#18 0xc0204195 in Xint0x80_syscall ()
#19 0x804a381 in ?? ()
#20 0x8048f25 in ?? ()
#21 0x8048c95 in ?? ()

the trace command in DDB starts at the cache_lookup function.

None of this really looks scsi related... I have the kernel.0, vmcore.0
and kernel.debug files here waiting if anyone wants to see them. I can
provide anything anyone else needs to debug this problem too, I have no
experience debugging a kernel like this so I'd like to help with whatever
happens.

Ken