Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:11:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        <java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   weird behavior

This happens both in linux 1.3.0 and patchset 5. I think it weird enough
to turn out to be interesting to someone.
I have an application which listens on socket and also takes commands from
system.in. So it has a thread which does accept() on a server socket and
also thread which does readLine() on System.in. This combination works
fine until I login as one user and then su to another and start the
program. If I do that, only the console thread (the one that reads lines
from system.in) works -- the socket never returns from accept() call.

...and yes, I did waste 3 hours on this stupidity :(