Date:      31 Oct 2000 03:20:36 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Carlos A M dos Santos <casantos@cpmet.ufpel.tche.br>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: open-motif default?

 * From: Carlos A M dos Santos <casantos@cpmet.ufpel.tche.br>

 * > +# USE_MOTIF		- [...]  Implies USE_XPM.
 *
 * Well, setting USE_XPM to all Motif applications may not be the better
 * approach. OpenMotif already contains XPM in the XmeXpm functions and
 * <Xm/XpmP.h> defines macros tha map XpmFooBar to XmeXpmFooBar. I'm writing
 * a Motif application that user XPM without linking to libXpm.

Are you saying that you can link with open-motif without libXpm
around?  That was definitely not the case with Apps2go Motif (the one
we were using before) and that's why I added USE_XPM to REQUIRES_MOTIF.
(The USE_XPM bit is not new -- only the comment is. ;)

 * Perhaps things could change a little bit in OpenMotif (and LessTif) now
 * that XFree86-4 includes libXpm.

Yeah, it probably won't make any difference once we switch over to
XFree86-4, but for those who still want to use XFree86-3 and for the
sake of correctness.... :)

Satoshi