Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 11:59:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b hangs during boot with ELSA Microlink

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Paul Herman wrote:

> I have an ELSA Microlink PCI ISDN card, and i4b hangs when I boot.
> The card gets detected and shows:

It's me again.  I wrote this a few days ago, but I got no answer.  Is
this even the right list?  Is there another i4b specific list for
hackers?  Anyway, I've got some news.  Maybe this will help track down
the problem.

After playing around with the code (printf() in the kernel is a great
thing!) I noticed the following:

when i4b locks up on me, it gets stuck in the for(;;) loop in
isic_pci_intr_sc() in layer1/i4b_isic_pci.c here:

else    /* IPAC interrupt routine */
        {
                register u_char ipac_irq_stat;
                for(;;)
                {
				[...snip!...]
	...blah, blah, blah, picks up HSCX A/B and ISAC interrupts
	as long as there are any...
				[...snip!...]
                        if(ipac_irq_stat & (IPAC_ISTA_ICD | IPAC_ISTA_EXD))
                        {
                                /* ISAC interrupt */
                                isic_isac_irq(sc, ISAC_READ(I_ISTA));
                        }
                }
	}

it loops forever in this for(;;) loop and calls isic_isac_irq() over
and over and over with an ista value of 0x00 !!!  Occasionally a
ISAC_ISTA_RME (0x80) comes off the card, but that is normal, I
guess.

Is this perhaps a bug in ISAC_READ?  I have no specs for this card
(Elsa Microlink PCI), and I must say, am not at all an expert in these
things.  (All I know is that it doesn't hang if the ISDN cable is
disconnected first :)

Thanks,
-Paul.