Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 20:20:17 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        sos@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Specs on a Hitachi CM2085me monitor anybody ??

: I've got my hands on one of these oldish 20" monitors,
: I don't have any specs on it though, anybody know
: the videobandwith, max h/V sync frequencies etc...

If it is off a Sun I can help you...  Otherwise I can't.  I have a
XF86Config file for my Sun minitor that I've included.  I've also
included an *OLD* post on the topic I wrote.

Warner

P.S. I've cc'd hackers to make sure this makes it into the archives :-)

# **********************************************************************
# Files section.  This allows default font and rgb paths to be set
# **********************************************************************

Section "Files"

    RgbPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (which are concatenated together),
# as well as specifying multiple comma-separated entries in one FontPath
# command (or a combination of both methods)

    FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/"
    FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
    FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/"
    FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/"
    FontPath	"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Server flags section.
# **********************************************************************

Section "ServerFlags"

# Uncomment this to cause a core dump at the spot where a signal is
# received.  This may leave the console in an unusable state, but may
# provide a better stack trace in the core dump to aid in debugging

#    NoTrapSignals

# Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><BS> server abort sequence

#    DontZap

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Input devices
# **********************************************************************

# **********************************************************************
# Keyboard section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Keyboard"

    Protocol	"Standard"

# when using XQUEUE, comment out the above line, and uncomment the
# following line

#    Protocol	"Xqueue"

    AutoRepeat	500 5
    ServerNumLock

# Specifiy which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#    Xleds      1 2 3

# To set the LeftAlt to Meta, RightAlt key to ModeShift,
# RightCtl key to Compose, and ScrollLock key to ModeLock:

    LeftAlt     Meta
    RightAlt    Meta
#    RightCtl    Compose
#    ScrollLock  ModeLock

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"

    Protocol	"MouseMan"
    Device	"/dev/mouse"

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.

#    Protocol	"Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice

#    BaudRate	9600
#    SampleRate	150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice

#    Emulate3Buttons

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

   ChordMiddle

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Monitor section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of monitor sections may be present

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier	"Sun 66Hz Monitor"
    VendorName	"Unknown"
    ModelName	"Unknown"

# Bandwidth is in MHz unless units are specified

    Bandwidth	100

    HorizSync   61-62		# 61.80 kHz is the manual frequency
    VertRefresh 65.5-66.5  	# The manual says 66Hz

# Modes can be specified in two formats.  A compact one-line format, or
# a multi-line format.

 	Mode "1152x900-sun66"
		DotClock 92.940
		HTimings	1152 1184 1312 1504
		VTimings	900 902 906 937
		Flags		"-HSync" "-VSync"
	EndMode

EndSection
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier	"Hitatchi"
    VendorName	"Unknown"
    ModelName	"Unknown"

# Bandwidth is in MHz unless units are specified

    Bandwidth	100

    HorizSync   35-59.5
    VertRefresh 55-90

# Modes can be specified in two formats.  A compact one-line format, or
# a multi-line format.

 	Mode "1024x768"
		DotClock	80.0
		HTimings	1024 1056 1072 1344
		VTimings	768 770 782 815
	EndMode
 	Mode "1152x910"
		DotClock	80.0
		HTimings	1152 1200 1312 1520
		VTimings	910 920 926 940
	EndMode

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Graphics device section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of graphics device sections may be present

Section "Device"
    Identifier	"Generic VGA"
    VendorName	"Unknown"
    BoardName	"Unknown"
    Chipset	"generic"
#    VideoRam	256
#    Clocks	25.2 28.3
EndSection

Section "Device"
    # SVGA server auto-detected chipset
    Identifier	"Generic SVGA"
    VendorName	"Unknown"
    BoardName	"Unknown"
EndSection

# Section "Device"
#    Identifier	"Any Trident TVGA 9000"
#    VendorName	"Trident"
#    BoardName	"TVGA 9000"
#    Chipset	"tvga9000"
#    VideoRam	512
#    Clocks	25 28 45 36 57 65 50 40 25 28 0 45 72 77 80 75
# EndSection

# Section "Device"
#    Identifier	"Actix GE32+ 2MB"
#    VendorName	"Actix"
#    BoardName	"GE32+"
#    Ramdac	"ATT20C490"
#    Dacspeed	110
#    Option	"dac_8_bit"
#    Clocks	 25.0  28.0  40.0   0.0  50.0  77.0  36.0  45.0
#    Clocks	130.0 120.0  80.0  31.0 110.0  65.0  75.0  94.0
# EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Number nine Lvl 11"
	VendorName	"NumberNine"
	BoardName	"Level 11"
	Option		"number_nine"
	ClockChip	"icd2061a"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Screen sections
# **********************************************************************

# The accelerated servers (S3, Mach32, Mach8, 8514, P9000, AGX, W32)

Section "Screen"
    Driver	"accel"
    Device	"Number nine Lvl 11"
    Monitor	"Sun 66Hz Monitor"