Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 1995 14:00:05 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: kern/863: panic on kernel page fault, NULL curproc

The following reply was made to PR kern/863; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To: hsu@clinet.fi
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 1995 13:52:18 -0800

 >Current directory is /var/crash/
 >Reading symbol data from /var/crash/kernel.37...done.
 >IdlePTD 26d000
 >panic: m_copydata

 >#5  0xf01c5b3d in exception:calltrap ()
 >(kgdb) down

    With all the "up"s and "down"s this is all quite difficult to read. What
 I'd really prefer is just a straight "bt" backtrace.

 -DG

 >	Don't know yet; this could be related to my previous report
 >shipped a couple of minutes ago (access to freed mbuf?).

    The above panic is m_copydata...which is the same one in your previous
 report. What you're seeing is the system trying to sync out filesystems
 buffers after the crash and then stumbling over the fact that there is no
 process context at this point. It's a bug that it doesn't handle this
 condition properly.

 -DG