Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 1999 15:28:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP!  Bad file descriptor for cuaa2

I have no idea how this happened.  Last night i was playing with my sound
trying to get it to work.  All i can think of is that deleting 3 symlinks
(audio, dsp, and one other sound related) somehow affected the serial
port devices.  I booted up this morning, and didn't hear the usual 'beep'
from my PCCARD.  So, i fired up ppp and when i dialed, it said 'Bad file
descriptor for cuaa2'.  I have no idea how this happened.  I went to /dev
and re-ran MAKEDEV all and MAKEDEV cuaa2, and i also ran fsck.  No go.  I
have two questions:

1.  How do i fix this?
2.  What manpage should i read when things like this happen?

-jm