Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:28:53 +0100
From:      Michael Schnell <s-tlk@s-tlk.org>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hybrid Graphics

On 01/12/11 09:48, Nils Holland wrote:
> Long story, short question: Has anyone been confronted with this before
> and probably can also offer a solution / workaround / fix?
I had the same problem, but with a Lenovo T410. First it was possible to
simply switch off Optimus and choose one graphic card manually. This
worked great with the nvidia driver, but after a BIOS update the options
vanished.
In the end I try different things then and the only one that seems to
work was to install the newest nvidia driver from their homepage and
select the graphic card with the BusID option in the xorg.conf file.
So far it's working great with high performance, as usual with the
nvidia driver, on FreeBSD 8.2-RC1 amd64. One drawback is the increasing
power consumption, but still it runs more than 4 hours.

Michael