Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:28:41 GMT
From:      yongari@FreeBSD.org
To:        dave@daveg.ca, yongari@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org, yongari@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/114839: [fxp] fxp looses ability to speak with traffic

Synopsis: [fxp] fxp looses ability to speak with traffic

State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: yongari
State-Changed-When: Tue Jun 23 08:27:34 UTC 2009
State-Changed-Why:
It seems your controller is plain i82559. Since you said you can
see incoming traffics I think the controller do not have lock-up
bug. By chance do you use fxp(4) on PAE environments or systems
with more than 4GB of memory? Show me the output of
"sysctl hw.busdma" to see whether bounce buffers are used.

Also there was a lot of fxp(4) changes in HEAD. Could you try
latest fxp(4) in HEAD? If you're using 7-stable or 7.2-RELEASE you
can just copy if_fxp.c, if_fxpreg.h and if_fxpvar.h files from HEAD
to 7-stable/7.2-RELEASE and rebuild kernel.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-net->yongari
Responsible-Changed-By: yongari
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Jun 23 08:27:34 UTC 2009
Responsible-Changed-Why:
Grab.