Date:      Sun, 21 May 1995 10:24:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      PSS <psaldan@tenet.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   BUslogic 445C lockups

Has anyone had problems with the Buslogic 445C locking up during major
disk activity?  It seems that whenever I try to do something like compile
a new kernel, or install something like bindist, the computer will lock up.

I get no error messages to sent to the console, or to the logs when this
happens, so I have no idea if it is just a hardware problem, or a software
problem.

I've seen this happen while using bindist from 950322-SNAP and 950412-SNAP.

Is there some specific way the 445c needs to be setup under FreeBSD?  I've
read through the FAQ's, and couldn't find anything that showed how or even
if it needed to be setup with anything other than the defaults.

My system is configured as follows:

486DX2 66 Mhz   Genuine intel
Premio VLB MOtherboard
Buslogic 445c SCSI controller