Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 18:21:06 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        ABDALLAH Faycal <faycal.abdallah@cegetel.fr>
Cc:        FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pci internal modems.

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 04:32:41PM +0200, ABDALLAH Faycal wrote:
> through my internal modem, is there any way to upgrade ports so that i can
> install them localy?
> ..i think that i can burn a cdrom of all packages (or even source files) but
> i still have to upgrade the ports tree so that i can install them, but i
> don't know if this will work neither how to do the upgrade.

If you grab packages, then you can just use pkg_add to install them.
No need to have any sort of ports tree available.

Keeping a ports tree up to date without net connectivity is harder.
You'll probably need access to a box with an up-to-date ports tree
that you can tar up and burn to CD.

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK