Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:37:39 +0200
From:      "Langa Kentane" <evablunted@earthling.net>
To:        "FreeBSD" <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   slow reponse from FreeBSD 3.2-R server

Hi y'all
I have a problem with my server, when I connect to it, be it port 23, 110,
80 or 25 it takes quite a while to respond.  Sometime when my mailers even
time out.

When I try to connect to any other host on my network then the response is
quite quick.  Is it my network card or something that is causing this or
some configuration problem somewhere?

Only when I connect to 127.0.0.1 to I get a proper response.  Please help.

Langa Kentane
Manager: Network Operations
Sunshine Networks
Tel +27 82 928 1952