Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 1996 23:00:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        langfod@dihelix.com
Cc:        andreas@knobel.gun.de, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, mike@binghamton.edu, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: knews port uploaded

Hey guys, chill it!

There's nothing wrong with the initial submission, people miss a port
in the tree and submit one as a "new port" all the time.  When I pick
up something of that sort, I'll send them a note saying "thanks, but
we've already got a port that's maintained by *****, please send him a
note and work things out".  No big deal.

Unfortunately, this submission came while I was away for the weekend
and people jumped all over it. :(

Andreas, your response sounded quite harsh (I know it's not your
intention, but it did send chills down my spine when I read it).
Please watch your fingers when you reply to a first-time porter, we
don't want to scare them off! ;)

Mike, thanks for your submission.  Joerg is now working on it, and I
assume will integrate it into our ports tree when he's done.  Your
name will be on the "contributors list" when that happens.

So, people, let's all get together and smile!  Ok? :)

Satoshi