Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 1997 12:24:43 -0700
From:      Martin Helliwell <martinh@luminaop.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org

Hello,

My name is Martin Helliwell.  I am a major LISP hacker who was very disapointed
to find out that the gcl port for FreeBSD 2.2 was broken.  Since you are listed
as the port maintainer, I wanted to ask you if anyone is working to fix this
problem.  If not, I can try it myself.  I would appreciate any infomation
you have that might help me.  I put a couple of hours into it already and
the basic
compiler is going together OK - so I don't think it will be that difficult
to fix. (of course I could be wrong)

I could also post a reward for someone who provides a fix - not much,
maybe $100. Anyway, I think that a good common lisp compiler is an important
thing for FreeBSD to have with it and I want to do what I can to make it happen.
Please let me know what you think.

-Martin Helliwell