Date:      Sun, 04 Oct 1998 13:37:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
Cc:        andrewr <andrewr@slack.net>, Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>, Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is PPP now being used by all 3 *BSD's?

> > That's an interesting idea.  The ability to have a boot disk specifically
> > for the means of ppp router would be quite nice.  I know that it would be
> > useful for many purposes, as well as a way for people to use not much hd
> > space and hardware for a just a measely ppp router. Anyway, enough
> > babbling.
>
> I thought that is called "PicoBSD"!? Just a guess...

I think everyone here knows about PicoBSD.  What would be nice would
be a PicoBSD which didn't require crunched binaries, however, since
adding even a single one of those to the mix is a pain in the butt and
the more kernel services you can rely on, the less you have to do
this.  Ever try adding ssh to your PicoBSD, for example?  And that's
even a target which used to work - try something REALLY different like
gated or tcpdump for some real fun! :-)

- Jordan