Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 1997 16:40:11 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jakob@teligent.se (Jakob Alvermark)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aztech MMPro 16 II

> > try my latest snap, http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970731.tgz
> > (or wait for the next one tomorrow), MSS cards (and PnP ones as well)
> > work very well with it.
>
> Tried that now. Even worse luck than the "built in" sound driver. Your=20
> driver doesn=B4t even probe the card right. Here's the dmesg:

since in a previous message you said the PnP vendor_id was 0x3742.... you
should add this value in the cs42xx_probe routine. I have been doing
all my development in the last few days on a CS4236 which as you say is
almost the same board as yours...

Also (in the README it was missing) you have to add a

	controller pnp0

statement in the kernel config file.

> I'm still thinking about the irq stuff. In DOS, it doesn't seems to use=20
> the irq at all. Strange or normal?=20

Almost impossible :) but since it is a PnP card, you don't have to
configure it, the BIOS (or the OS) will find a free one for you.
(hopefully...)

> Should I try guspnp instead? Any differencies in the MSS code in 2.2.1-R=20
> and guspnp?

they are two totally different beasts, really. Plus I don't know now
tested  is the MSS code for the full duplex boards in guspnp.

Wait another 24 hours for the next snap...

	Cheers
	Luigi