Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 00:41:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba survey

On Thu, 6 Feb 1997, Andrew Stesin wrote:

> People,
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something, but... Isn't it sysinstall
> (Post-Install system config menu) who offers you an option
> of configuring Samba? I used it successfully several times.

Yip. Me too. In any case, the default config that comes with the samba
package (or port, or tar from canberra) is very simple, well documented,
and easy to understand. It's really a no-brainer to run Samba - a fact
that has certainly helped boost its popularity..

Mark

> > Amancio Hasty stands accused of saying:
> > > Is there a configuration tool which aids a new user like me to setup
> > > samba?
> >
> > Not AFAIK.
>
> --
> 		Best,
> 			Andrew Stesin
>
> 		nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark
	"I prefer tongue-tied knowledge to ignorant loquacity."
						Cicero (106-43 B.C.)