Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 1996 16:34:44 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Martin.May@sophia.inria.fr (Martin May)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mmay@pax.inria.fr
Subject:   Re: ioctl

> I have a question about kernel programming.
>
> How can I add an ioctl function?
> I want to pass a new struct through an udp-socket.
>
> Is that possible?

What do you mean, "pass a new struct"?

If you mean like passing fd's around on UNIX domain sockets, you are
probably out of luck.

If you mean adding to the interface, you will have to modify the code
for the device driver.

For socket I/O, this would be /sys/kern/sys_socket.c in the soo_ioctl()
function.

Atr you sure this is what you need to do?  This would be an interface
change, so it probably would not be very popular...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.